Agile User Experience (UX) Designer
Your path to a career in
User Experience Design
5 days per week
Certificate in Digital Technology Product Solutions (NZQA approved)
Are you interested in designing meaningful & relevant experiences to create a technology solution that is loved by humans? You’ll learn how to combine technology, design, market research, psychology & business; and be confident at designing tech products & solutions; and meet inspiring industry mentors and speakers. If you enjoy understanding what makes humans tick and have a high level of empathy for people and their technology journey, then a career in UX design is for you.
Are you ready to become a UX Designer?
AS A UX DESIGN PROFESSIONAL, YOU WILL GAIN SKILLS IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Developing a user experience design strategy
- Conducting user research & user-centred design analysis
- User experience design and process strategy
- Usability testing
The Level 5 Training Scheme is intended for learners who are currently pursuing employment in a technology career in a collaborative, Agile UX Design environment. The Training Scheme is specifically designed for those looking to pathway into employment. The learners most likely to benefit from this are career changers and skill upgraders particularly those with transferable technical skills, recent graduates or self-taught individuals with basic technical skills who are looking to gain employment within the highly paid tech sector, or upgrade to careers that require specialisation beyond foundational tech roles.
On successful completion, you will be invited to join the Level 6 Training Scheme. Its primary purpose is to provide learners enrolled in the Training Scheme with advanced skills in digital product design and delivery through professional practice in a work placement project. The aim is to enable learners to gain experience, practice the application of digital and technical skills and improve their work readiness to increase their chances of success in roles in the context of their practice as a UX Designer.
By the end of the Level 5 Training Scheme, you will be able to:
Apply Agile software delivery and design thinking practices to contribute to the development of digital technology product solutions in specific contexts of practice.
Apply industry standard best practices to contribute to the development of digital technology product solutions in specific contexts of practice.
Apply ethical decision-making principles when contributing to developing digital technology product solutions.
Apply effective professional interpersonal and collaborative skills when working on digital technology product projects with internal and external stakeholders.
Plan and deliver an effective communication strategy for purposes of obtaining employment or contract work
By the end of the Level 6 Training Scheme, you will be able to:
1. Evaluate project requirements and apply relevant industry-standard best practices to the development of digital technology product solutions in the context of practice.
2. Apply Agile and design thinking practices to successfully develop digital technology product solutions in the context of practice.
3. Evaluate the ethical impact of, and apply ethical considerations to, the development of digital technology product solutions in the context of practice.
4. Evaluate their own personal management, collaboration and communication techniques when working on a technical project with internal and external stakeholders in the context of practice.
5. Critically reflect on own experience working on an industry project to gain successful employment.
All study is structured, with a combination of guided and self-directed study, so you will need to have good time management skills.
As a full-time student you should typically aim for around 30-35 hours of study per week, for each of the weeks. You will be required to engage with the online resources and activities, classroom sessions with other learners, and complete assessments.
At Level 6, you should aim to commit 40 hrs per week towards your experience.
After successfully completing the Level 5 Training Scheme, you’ll be in a great position to apply for our Certificate in Applied Digital Technology Product Solutions (Level 6).
- Applicants must have the legal right to study in New Zealand and must be a Domestic Student to apply.
- All applicants must be able to meet the NCEA Level 1 Literacy and Numeracy requirements.
- If English is not your first language, you must provide:
- *New Zealand University Entrance, or
- *Overall Academic IELTS 5.5 with no individual band score lower than 5.0 (achieved in one test completed in the last two years), or
- *Acceptable alternative evidence of the required IELTS.
All eligible applicants will be interviewed by the admissions team at Mission Ready to ensure they have the foundation skills required for success
- Travel, accommodation (if required) and food costs associated with attendance at classes. Learners enrolled in the face-to-face option will travel to the teaching location site at their own expense.
- Broadband internet access.
- A computer or laptop device. Please advise on your application if you do not have access to the internet or a computer/laptop. Loan devices may be made available in extenuating circumstances.
While every effort is made to ensure that this sheet is accurate, Mission Ready reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw any of the contained information. The fees shown in this document are
indicative ONLY. Fees are subject to change and are dependent on the development and implementation of Government policies. Please note that additional fees may from time to time be
required for external examination, NZQA fees and/or additional material fees.
February 1, 2022
April 19, 2022
August 1, 2022
October 24, 2022
TUITION & FINANCE
19 weeks, 5 days a week
Onsite, Level 5, 115 Queen Street, Auckland
Virtual, Microsoft Teams (Available across NZ)
Domestic fees for first 9 weeks training: Free
$2,096.00 (incl. GST)
Upon completion of level 5, candidates may continue on to the Certificate in Applied Technology Product Development Essentials (NZQA Approved) for an additional 10 weeks of industry-based training and experience.
Domestic fees: Free
$2,409.00 (incl. GST)
This accelerator is free to study due to the Government’s Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF).
Delivered by Mission Ready under subcontract for Otago Polytechnic Limited
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Fill out the form below and one of our consultants will get in touch with more information about this program.
Invest in yourself.
Join the booming tech sector
Full Stack Web Developer Candidate
User Experience (UX) Designer Candidate
Advanced Software Developer Candidate