Funding & Scholarships
Māori and Pasifika Trades Training (MPTT) programme
Māori and Pacific people only make up two percent of the technology sector. We want to change that.
We have a number of scholarships specifically for Māori and Pacific candidates aged 16 to 40 for our Full Stack Web Developer Accelerator.
These scholarships are sponsored by Auckland Council’s The Southern Initiative. Auckland is currently experiencing a demand for skilled tradespeople and that demand is expected to grow. The programme is a central government initiative to assist Māori and Pasifika candidates, aged 16 to 40, to:
1. gain qualifications through training and apprenticeships
2. secure sustainable employment with opportunities for progression.
The programme is based on close collaboration with an employer consortium.
How to apply
1. Simply go to our application form
2. Fill in all the required details
3. In the referral field, use the code MPTT
4. Submit your details and wait for our assessment call.
To apply for fees free MPTT programmes you must be:
• Aged 16 years to 40 years
• A NZ Citizen /permanent resident
• Of NZ Maori or Polynesian descent
• Be willing to do whatever it takes to land a great job in tech
• Be able to participate in any re-arranged activities through TSI (The Southern Initiative)
Invest in yourself.
Join the Booming Tech Sector
Need guidance? Talk to one of our career consultants today.
Need more information? Download our brochure