Mission Ready HQ (we, us, our) is committed to creating an inclusive learning environment and to working alongside all learners to support them through their studies. And our services don’t stop there …. here are some of the things we’ve committed to doing!
• providing a safe environment for the physical and emotional wellbeing of learners.
• maintaining a separate and comprehensive health and safety policy to ensure the physical welfare of all our learners.
• continuously exploring ways to ensure that learners with various special needs can actively engage in our range of programmes.
• honouring the Health and Safety at Work Act (2015) by ensuring equitable access to our learning environment for learners with a disability.
• enabling ready access to the range of health and wellbeing services offered by Whakarongorau Aotearoa, who offer confidential digital tele-health advice and counselling related to physical health, mental health, and addictions support. Referrals to other agencies are available for more personal/one-on-one advice and support.
• giving our learners a regular opportunity to anonymously comment on the quality of our learner welfare support initiatives.
All of our student support service teams work closely with each other and with the academic programme teams, to provide a friendly point of contact – in person, online or on the phone – to help learners navigate their learning journey. That way, we do our very best to ensure that all of our learners are not only successful in their studies – but also that they get all of the support they need as they build their future careers.
From time to time, Mission Ready conducts self-reviews on the quality of our learner wellbeing and safety practices, as well as our compliance to the NZQA pastoral code of practice. The report of our pastoral care code self review conducted in October 2023 is available here.